Solved: Internet Explorer Going Out Of Controll (Duplicates like crazy!!!!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

**__**

Sometimes when I run my computer for an extended amount of time, Internet Explorer opens itself and starts duplicating like crazy. It's like when you click on the Internet Explorer Button 30 times. Then it starts opening quickly one by one, nonstop. But in this case it opens it's self automatically and starts increasing the number of windows. Then I get so many of them. Yet, I can't close it because even if I close some, more windows are going to appeare. It won't stop until I restart my XP. What is this rage? Is it a virus? I think so? Could someone tell me how to fix this???????:confused:

It is most likely an infection, either spyware of virus. Ask a moderator to move this in the security or windows xp forums, you will get better help there. Do you have service pack 2 installed, if not do you have messenger service turned off in the services.msc panel?
Do you have virus software? If not downlaod a trial one, update and then run it. If you have some, have you ran a virus scan? If you did, what was the result, if not run one immediately.

In the mean time, go to merjin.org and download hijackthis.
Unzip it to its own folder (not on your desktop), then do a scan only! click save log, then copy and paste the results in this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online