Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Internet Explorer opens a black page instead of the home page site

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  momtaz 
#1 ·
Hello guys

I have experienced some errors, let me provide the details:

Acer Laptop,
OS: XP 2002, SP3, IE8, I have set a webpage as home page, but when ever I click to open new web page it come blanks showing a glob and saying:
" Internet Explorer cannot disply the webpage"
underline saying:

What you can try:
and displaying an icon saying: "Diagnose Connection Problems"

under this icon: showing an arrow with discription: More information...

it's really borhting.. and I tried even to change the home page website but still comong the same, will disply the website online when I type in the address bar and select from the favourites menu,

I will appreciate if any advises,
thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
csy007: I said the browser did not disply the webpage link that I saved as homepage, I type any URL in the address bar or select any web link from the favourite list and can access and surf any web page.. the issue is: why the browser does not disply the home page saved and I must type it manually? bytheway, I have changed many different webpages still did not display any saved home page,
regards

#5 ·
csy007: did u really read what I have posted and understood what the matter is?? did u read what I have mentioned in my posted question? did u understand or not??
if u do not know what does "IE8" means pls do not make urself so smart to pretend as a computer expert .. so sarcastic asking this!
ur question is quite provocative nonsense,
I can just ignore ur reply.. but as being honest I must tell u what I think u should know to lean from this ridiculous mistake, good luck

#13 ·
Phantom.. and all others Thank you so much for the time, the problem has bee solved, and here I will explain how I found out, pls be a bit patient to read the whole story to share my experienve and hopefully will benefit others as I have benefited from your forum lot of times, here is the TOPIC:

usually IE8 merges the pages of the same email and keep the history of the previous visited page, this was really very annoying and few months ago I found the solution which is: to delete the main icon of IE8, and then send a copy (shortcut) to the desktop, then right-click and scroll down to the "propertise" and click OK, then under the tab "Shortcut" you will see this:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

Then have to add the the above address "-nomerge" and make it look like this as in beow:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -nomerge

in my trouble case, my older brother installed new IE8 version and did as I told him, but he forgot the small dash ( - ) before the word "nomerge"
YES, this very little ( - ) caused this trouble, I just found out and insterted it, then evey thing worked out as usual and done eventually..!!

Once again, I do appreciated all your kind efforts guys with lot of thanks and I wish that sharing my experience will extend some benefits to others,

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.