1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet Explorer - Search Provider Default

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nampeej, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nampeej

nampeej Thread Starter

Whenever we go to IE, the above error message shows up, and in the error box is:

A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider, Bing (www.bing.com). Internet Explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this setting or install more search providers.

I click OK and it takes me to the "Manage Search Providers". I've tried different things - adding a different search provider, enable, disable, set as default - nothing changes, I continue to get the same error message the next time I open IE.

The error message says "A program on your computer has corrupted..." What program could that be, and what can I do to correct the situation?

We have Windows XP.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you have IE6 by any chance?

3. aplayerin

aplayerin

4. nampeej

nampeej Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/861927