[Solved] Internet Explorer Security Settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newman_pn

I am running Windows 2000 Professional and IE 6.

When I try to change the security settings in IE the buttons are greyed out and I cannot choose any options.

Can someone explain how to solve this?

Many Thanks

What level are you logged in at?

You will need Administrator privileges to change these.

Newman_pn

I am logged in as administrator and it still does not allow me to make changes, all the boxes are greyed out!!!

Also if IEAK version of IE is loaded, it has the same effect. That usually the version loaded on many company sites.

Otherwise, located this on a search:

Security Tab Restrictions:
Open Regedit to the following locations:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"Security_HKLM_only"=dword:00000001
"Security_options_edit"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"SecChangeSettings"=dword:00000001
"SecAddSites"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ControlPanel]
"SecChangeSettings"=dword:00000001
"SecAddSites"=dword:00000001

Security_HKLM_only - forces the use of the local machine settings rather than current user
Security_options_edit - prevents changing security zone settings and disables the Custom Level button and security-level slider
SecChangeSettings - prevents changing Security Levels for the Internet Zone
SecAddSites - prevents adding Sites to any zone

Value Data: (0 = disable restriction, 1 = enable restriction)
Note: always Export before editing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online