(Solved) Internet Explorer, sudden Java problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stefan7219

Hi,
for some reason my browser, Internet Explorer 5.5, can not open pages with Java scrips.
At least that's what I think.
The browser have worked find before, but now I can't open any pages that seems to contain Java. The browser stops, and a white bar shows up at the bottom of the screen, next to the open window bar. If I left click twice on the white bar, it disapears. I can still browse other sites.
I'm running Win 98.

What do I do to change my browser settings so that I can view all pages, incl Java script ones??

Thanks in advance for the help.

// stefan7219

Stefan
You may be having problems with the JIT compiler. perhaps a corrupt dll.
Two things I would try;
First, Do a repair of IE. Go to control panel and select add/remove programs. Scroll down and select IE 5.5 and click remove.
When the popup appears click the repair option. After repair you may have to reset your home page.
Now try the site that is giving you grief.
Second, If that did not correct it then go to this site and download the 3802 patch for Win98 and install as instructed then try the site.
MS Download 3802 Click Here
Let us know how its going.
Dave

Stefan
Thats good you got it fixed. If you get some time let us know which method corrected the problem.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online