Solved: internet explorer won't close

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harscherz

I have vista home premium and sometimes when i try to close a site on ie 7, the page goes blank and i can minimize it but not close it and if i open a new page or site it acts the same and then windows finally quits. I have to hold the power button down to shut off my computer the wrong way. Could anyone please help me. Harry

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Ad.aware can give this problem, try disabling it if installaed.
If you don't have it, then try this.
Open regedit.
Browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects

Delete the registry entry, Browser Helper Objects

harscherz

i have adaware and don't know where to disable it so i deleted the browser helper objects in regedit and it seems to work. do you know how to disable adaware without uninstalling it and do you know how to replace the browser helper objects i removed if i need to. are these browser helper objects important. harry

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Just type the deleted object back in. (Browser Helper Objects) - Itmay be case sensitive so write the initial capitals.
I don't use Ad-aware so I cannot be much help there. But I could suggest you download the latest (if you want to use it) 2008 - also free, which I am sure will solve the problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online