Solved: Internet Explorer Work Offline/ Online Dialogue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

**__**

When I'm on a website in Internet Explorer for a while, I get a message saying that there was no connection detected, and there are two buttons at the bottom, Work Offline and Work Online. I have Cable Modem. Is this supposed to appeare?

Windows XP Pro.

1. With IE open, click Tools - Internet Options, and click the Connections tab.
- Make sure it says "never dial a connection"
- Click Apply, then OK.

2. With IE still open, Click FILE and check that "WORK OFFLINE" does NOT have a checkmark next to it. If it does, just left click it once.

That should do the trick.

**__**

I had that setting allready.
I just get that message rearly.
Why?

Look in the registry: START - RUN - REGEDIT, and hit Enter.

Using regedit, find the folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WebCheck

And check that these two *String* keys are set to auto:
"LoadSens"="auto"
"LoadLCE"="auto"

Create them if you have to.

Reboot.

If these values get changed back by themselves after a reboot, then check the Run key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

If you find an entry called "loadwc", delete it and reboot again

**__**

I have those 2 registries but it says under the value columb Yes. Where does it say Auto?

Double click both "LoadSens" and "LoadLCE" and change the "Value Data" from Yes TO auto. Make "auto" lower case.

**__**

Is it still gonna appeare if it detects that there is no connection?

**__**

If it's set an auto and your internet connection is really not connected, is it still gonna sense no internet connection?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online