1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: internet explorer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by warbuc, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

my computer is acer inspire t310. Running windows xp home edtion.
    Have put in new hard drive and run discs supplied with computer to setup xp home edition.When I connected to the internet to download from windows for all the updates it seemed very slow.Windows couldnot complete download and returned error code 0x80246002. I could not find this error code on there site at all. The major problem is now trying to download from windows site the whole screen freezes even though still connected.I can move the pointer but no response on anything.I found by disconnecting phone connection at the wall I could the use the arrow to close all windows on the screen and start again by connecting to the internet but same problem once downloading commences

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Try disabling anti-virus and other such programs, then do the updates.

3. Leec65

Leec65

have you installed Genuine Windows Validation

4. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Put the alpha-numeric error code into a Google search.
    {redoak}

5. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

have removed all anti- virus software and borred a copy of sp2 but during installation it stops with message "setup connot copy file msnsspc. Thats as far as I can get?

6. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

Ye s I registered When I installed from acer factory discs and I went online and I did updates which required valadation and gdi I think but am trying to install sp2 and setup stops halfway through with message " setup cannot copy file msnsspc.dl". When I push browse says file not found?

7. Leec65

Leec65

8. warbuc

warbuc Thread Starter

I now think I could have a hardware problem. After 6 atempts to install sp2 from a cd have finally been succssesful.The other five attempts showed "setup connot continue as cannot find file" and every attempt showed a different file missing so I think the proccese of copying files and installing through the hardware was fault.
    After installing went to dailup connection and tried to connect to windows update. Bought up "my isp status window and on sent side bottom errors 0 on recieved side bottom errors after five minutes reached more than 300errors and still no windows page" This leads me to believe I may have a serios problem. Can anyone advise.

9. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

You could use Device Manager to see if components are working properly. Use START>Settings>Control Panel>Computer Management>Device Manager (in the menu). Left single clik Device Manager. This brings up a host of devices in a right panel. For Each device, left double clik and look at the "Device Status" comment. If you are suspicious of particular devices, start with them.
    {redoak}

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice