1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: internet hangs and slow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bike1800, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bike1800

bike1800 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1470 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 147793 MB, Free - 117437 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0HK980
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus Online, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled restored windows xp with dell restore. and now ie hang after ti run a while and zoom changes by it self . ran superanitipyware and malware in safe mode didn'n help:(

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Install another browser like firefox if you can and see if that hangs too.

If you can't get on the internet to download post back and we'll have to try something else. What version of IE?

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    A reinstall of XP SP3 will install IE6.

Have you upgraded it to IE8?

---------------------------------------------------------

4. Danvan123

Danvan123

It depends on your internet connection, i believe it may be the wifi adapter in your pc or if ethernet cable is being used, a problem with your broadband, i would recommend downloading all the latest drivers for windows as old drivers will make components perform less then they would with recent drivers, hope this helped.

5. bike1800

bike1800 Thread Starter

installed firefox worked ok then started hanging again leftandit went into hibernate . when i tryed to go back on it wouldn'n comeout of hibernate . had to turn off and restart

6. Danvan123

Danvan123

Im starting to think it the pc in question, not the connection or browser, i think you are having a hardware problem and should probably upgrade your current pc as you will keep having issues.

7. bike1800

bike1800 Thread Starter

firefox workes fine just takes to long to load after it seat for over night i do not turn comp off

8. joneslee

joneslee

Things you need to do that could help you run programs smoothly is to delete files that are never used and defragmentation once a month. Another thing, maybe your antivirus is causing you to slow because I also experience that on my computer using Norton. It takes a large memory space especially when scanning.

9. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

It might make a difference if you run sfc /scannow if you have the xp cd.

10. Danvan123

Danvan123

It could be nortons real time scan thing, though i cant think of anything else

11. bike1800

bike1800 Thread Starter

thanks for your help

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice