1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: internet links wont open in windows 7.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by scudybeef, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scudybeef

scudybeef Thread Starter

hi peeps,,,just started using windows 7 home premium,,everything going well,,apart from a little problem,,internet links wont open when i click links in a desktop program,,e.g...if i try to search from inside utorrent,,i type my querry,hit enter,,nothing happens,,internet opens and works fine when i open it manually,,this isn't unique to utorrnet,,it happens in any other program that has links to open the internet.

I cant open internet if i open the gadgets folder in windows7 and click on "get more gadgets online",,again,nothing happen's,im sure it's only a little tweak,but i cant find it ;)...would like firefox to be my default browser,,i never use I.E.

Any ideas anyone??,,thx in advance...Daz.

P.S...i can open any link if i am using firefox,,it's just links from external program's that wont open.

2. gyclone

gyclone

First, if you set Firefox as your default browser, it should be the one that opens automatically when you click a link (some Microsoft programs will ignore your choice and still use IE, but non-Microsoft programs should comply). Try setting firefox as your default browser.

Second, try holding down the "Ctrl" key when you click on the link and see if that works.

Third, post your results from steps one and two.

3. scudybeef

scudybeef Thread Starter

Hi gyclone,,thx for the quick reply,,firefox is set to be my default browser,,i set that in tools>options>......scrub that..upon checking PROPERLY!!,i found that i hadn't made firefox the default browser.

thanx for reminding me though,,i probably wouldn't have checked again...{walk's away sheepishly}.

4. gyclone

gyclone

We're all here to shepherd each other :)

All is good now?

5. scudybeef

scudybeef Thread Starter

yes mate,,all is good,something so simple,yet i completely overlooked it,,Do'h...i will mark as solved..thx mate.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice