1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet Monitoring Software

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DLPNewbie, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DLPNewbie

DLPNewbie Thread Starter

Hi. I was wondering if someone could direct me to some freeware that would record my internet connection status?

I've been having problems where my internet will be running strong, and then all the sudden drop to nothing, then back strong again after a minute or so. I want to record how many times this is happening through out the day so I can prove to my ISP that my internet keeps cutting out on me.

It's frustrating when I'm gaming or downloading a file and the internet just stops. :mad: If someone could please direct me to some software that would accomplish this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. jdean

jdean

While I've never tried it, DSLReports has a tool that does this. Here's the link: http://www.dslreports.com/linequality

I'm interested in hearing on your results (with this tool or with any other tool) and I'd also like to know if this was helpful in getting your service provider to fix the problem. Just post followups to this thread.

3. DLPNewbie

DLPNewbie Thread Starter

I'll check it out and report back. Thanks for the link.

4. DLPNewbie

DLPNewbie Thread Starter

I'm not an expert when it comes to reviewing these results, but from what I can see, they don't look good. I don't know what to tell the ISP to fix to make it better. This is the link provided to my results:

http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2443274

5. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

Your router logs should show drops and reconnects

6. jdean

jdean

The first thing your ISP will ask is whether your machine is directly connected to their box (modem) or if there is are intermediaries like routers or switches. If the latter, the they'll tell you to temporarily connect your machine directly to the DSL or cable modem and try the tests again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice