1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Internet Speed not what it used to be...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Pacify, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

My internet download speed is not upto its normal mark. Iam using one computer in a network. All other terminals have their download speed upto mark, but mine is slower than usual. We are using a DSL, and all downloads on my terminal used to go up to the 50s but now they are barely 20s. No antivirus installed, Iam not sure if I have to fix some internet settings or firewall. (Iam also not sure if this is the place to post the problem)?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Try booting in Save Mode with Networking and see if the speed is still slow.

3. Pacify

Pacify Thread Starter

Tried booting in safe mode, still slow. Did a virus scan with CA Antivirus, still slow. With direct downloads it starts fine at 60s, but then slowly keeps dropping and dropping all the way down to 20s. With Bittorrent it hardly goes above 20s.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Post the results of an Internet Speed test. Also, what is the "claimed" speed download/upload of your broadband connection.

A couple of popular Internet speed test sites in the US.

Speakeasy Speed Test

DSLReports Speed Test

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice