Solved: Internet Start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tsmith777

I am running Windows XP SP3, Dell 720. When I start or restart the computer all of the Internet programs, Firefox, Thunderbird IE etc. take a very long time to start, ie: 2-4 minutes. Once they have started all is well and they work fine until I restart the computer and then the problem arises again and again. Any suggestions? Thanks

valis

Download and run ATF. That should dump your internet temp files and let us know how it's working then.

thanks,

v

tsmith777

I already use ATF and that does not help. I have Comcast High Speed Cable

valis

when was the last time you defragged, and have you checked your startup list in msconfig?

valis

ouch........shouldn't defrag daily, that stresses out the hard drive. Once or twice a year is plenty.

All other apps start up fine after a reboot?

Have you checked your event log after a reboot? start > run > eventvwr.msc right click and empty both application and system folders, then reboot and see if you are getting any errors in there.

tsmith777

I just talked to comcast and they reset the modem and discovered the downstream and upstream are in the red so they are coming out tomorrow to fix the problem. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online