Solved: Interpreter Needed

xgerryx

Can someone with a bit of spare time have a look at the below attachment and interpret it for me. It is instructions for setting the combination on a lock that came with a new laptop bag.
Santa forgot my other half only speaks english :D

Attachments

xgerryx

Thanks Hotskates

I don't know what language it is, but does not matter any more as a bit of fiddling with the lock and it became quite obvious.

Happy New Year

Its kinda funny how with most things, we really don't need the 100 page instruction book that seems to come in 8 different languages.:D Common sense works best:):)

xgerryx, I spotted "hasta" so thought "it's probably Spanish". I ran "hasta que usted escuche el sonido" through babelfish & got "until you listen to* the sound". Which pretty much nails it, IMO.

(* i.e. "hear" -- yeah, I know it's solved, but puzzles are fun. :eek:)

xgerryx

bomb #21 said:
(* i.e. "hear" -- yeah, I know it's solved, but puzzles are fun. :eek:)
Yup, it is a bit of fun.

Here is the Spanish to Englisih from Babel Fish:

Instructions for the lock with combinacion. In order to fix his I cosay personnel, follows these steps:
1. Open the lock (elnumero original he is 0-0-0)
2. Otraherramienta)hasta presses the button of reset with boligrafo(u that you listen to sound "CLICK".
3. Press the ring of the lock to the opened position of and fix the numeros with his I cosay personnel giving returned to them wheel.
4. Now its new one I cosay to fixed personnel this. Remember his I cosay for the following u
5. In order to change his I cosay repeats the steps 1-3

LOL! Maybe babelfish could be used for that game where a book/film/song title is translated into another language, then the result is translated back to the original, then someone has to guess what it really is. :D

I got those same instructions from Microsoft when I asked about changing my password.

xgerryx

Knotbored said:
I got those same instructions from Microsoft when I asked about changing my password.
LOL, I've often wondered why they encrypt all their instructions. :confused: :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online