1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Interpreter Needed

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by xgerryx, Jan 1, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. xgerryx

xgerryx Thread Starter

Can someone with a bit of spare time have a look at the below attachment and interpret it for me. It is instructions for setting the combination on a lock that came with a new laptop bag.
    Santa forgot my other half only speaks english :D

Attached Files:

• lock.jpg
      lock.jpg
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
  2. hotskates

hotskates

xgerryx....you could try to "cut and paste" onto: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Just pick the language you want it translated to and from....if you don't know what language it is printed in that might be a problem.:rolleyes:

3. xgerryx

xgerryx Thread Starter

Thanks Hotskates

I don't know what language it is, but does not matter any more as a bit of fiddling with the lock and it became quite obvious.

Happy New Year

4. hotskates

hotskates

Its kinda funny how with most things, we really don't need the 100 page instruction book that seems to come in 8 different languages.:D Common sense works best:):)

5. bomb #21

bomb #21

xgerryx, I spotted "hasta" so thought "it's probably Spanish". I ran "hasta que usted escuche el sonido" through babelfish & got "until you listen to* the sound". Which pretty much nails it, IMO.

(* i.e. "hear" -- yeah, I know it's solved, but puzzles are fun. :eek:)

6. xgerryx

xgerryx Thread Starter

Yup, it is a bit of fun.

Here is the Spanish to Englisih from Babel Fish:

Instructions for the lock with combinacion. In order to fix his I cosay personnel, follows these steps:
    1. Open the lock (elnumero original he is 0-0-0)
    2. Otraherramienta)hasta presses the button of reset with boligrafo(u that you listen to sound "CLICK".
    3. Press the ring of the lock to the opened position of and fix the numeros with his I cosay personnel giving returned to them wheel.
    4. Now its new one I cosay to fixed personnel this. Remember his I cosay for the following u
    5. In order to change his I cosay repeats the steps 1-3

7. bomb #21

bomb #21

LOL! Maybe babelfish could be used for that game where a book/film/song title is translated into another language, then the result is translated back to the original, then someone has to guess what it really is. :D

8. Knotbored

Knotbored

I got those same instructions from Microsoft when I asked about changing my password.

9. xgerryx

xgerryx Thread Starter

LOL, I've often wondered why they encrypt all their instructions. :confused: :D :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice