1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Invalid avi files due to header

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by soldtheworld, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soldtheworld

soldtheworld Thread Starter

Hi guys
    I have some avi files that I’m not able to open, and others I can’t forward or rewind them during the playing ‘cause it brings to the beginning of the file, I tried Gspot it tells me: (Invalid avi file due to damaged data in the header, it’s a serious problem….the file is not likely to playable….). Codecs are ok, anybody know how to fix that header so the files will play, another thing , the files I’m having problem with, have all one thing in common, the name of the file is weird, always the file name plus some letters attached, like: 46 longjklrtdv.avi / big girls don’t crymbvdhjsjkr.avi
    Anybody’s help will be highly appreciated

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. soldtheworld

i never scanned these files before trying openning them,

I've heared there is a tool to fix those files, software called (avi fix joiner 2.11) is that true?

I also have another problem with some mpg files, they were playable before, and now no response at all, its really weird?!

4. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

Did you try renaming the files to DOS like names?

You can always try to open the files in VirtualDub and try the extended open options.
    Sometimes it fix it, sometimes not.

Avifix and the likes often suck. Never fixed anything with me. But it's free to give a try too.

5. soldtheworld

it works with virtualdubmod

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice