1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "Invalid file" message when trying to upload Torrent file...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Robbieboy, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbieboy

Robbieboy Thread Starter

Hi, hope someone can help with what may in fact be a simple problem...

I am trying to upload a Torrent file into Azureus, and each time in the 'make torrent' process I am prompted to 'browse directory' and choose the file, I click 'next', and get a message in red type that says 'invalid file'.

This is my first attempt to do this, I am a little confused so please be gentle with me and treat me like a 'newbie' if I ask dumb questions...

Should I be attempting to select the 'little yellow folder' i.e the file I originally downloaded, or the torrent file with the little blue frog at this point in the 'make torrent' process? I get the error message when I try to select the little yellow folder, yet when I 'browse' at this stage in the 'make torrent' process it does not offer me the opportunity to select the 'little blue frog' (even though I know the 'little blue frog' torrent file is sitting in 'my documents'!) I even tried to drag the little blue frog from 'my documents' and drop it into the 'make torrent' bit of Azureus...no luck.

I would really appreciate some help- I don't want to be the kind of guy who helps himself to torrent downloads without uploading anything! Thanks in advance.

P.s (edit) Oh dear... it has just dawned on me that the reason there is a little blue frog in 'my documents' is that I have already created the torrent file!! Apologies folks.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, TSG Rules do not allow anyone to assist with filesharing apps> however, we'd be glad to help you remove any, and clean up your computer if you feel it may be running some malware...

Seems that you have fixed your problem, so I will Close this thread...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!