Solved: involuntary computer shut down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
When your system is first starting up, Sue, there is a key to press to access the bios setup. Most often it's the DEL, F1, or F2 key...Compaq :eek: systems are F 10.

Once there you may be able to see the PC Health.....and it may show cpu and motherboard temps.

riverbar

AcaCandy,
I think i have found my problem, it seems that the mount for the aluminum radiator on my CPU is broken and not holding it in place correctly. I am guessing that the cooling system was not working correctly as a result. I am still trying to locate the replacement part i need but i wanted to know if you think this is the problem.

riverbar

AcaCandy, just getting back on line. Looks like that was it. CPU was overheating. Thank you for your help. I would not have solved this without you. I will be sure to make a donation to the site. Nice work.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Thanks, and you're welcome.

I'll go ahead and mark this solved, you can also mark your own threads solved by using the THREAD TOOLS dropdown option ;)

Happy computing :)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
AcaCandy said:
When your system is first starting up, Sue, there is a key to press to access the bios setup. Most often it's the DEL, F1, or F2 key...Compaq :eek: systems are F 10.

Once there you may be able to see the PC Health.....and it may show cpu and motherboard temps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online