Solved: IP Address Look up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bob627

I received a fraudulent e-mail supposedly from my bank. I have Outlook Express and was able to get the "message source". Under "Return Path" it showed "Services@BankofAmerica.com" The next line is "Received from" JLFurnishings.com (208.57.64.57) Since this appears to be the IP address, I would like to find out where this message came from. Is there a way that I can find out if this IP address originated from JL Furnishings?

dotty999

Dotty
bob627 said:
I received a fraudulent e-mail supposedly from my bank. I have Outlook Express and was able to get the "message source". Under "Return Path" it showed "Services@BankofAmerica.com" The next line is "Received from" JLFurnishings.com (208.57.64.57) Since this appears to be the IP address, I would like to find out where this message came from. Is there a way that I can find out if this IP address originated from JL Furnishings?
try here inserting the IP number in the query box

bob627

It came up as "Global Crossing". I wonder how they connect to JLFurnishings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online