Solved: IP address with Dell Printer v313w

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WaRe

Printer Dell v313w
Vista Business
Router Linksys

I have two routers connected together,

Main Router Linksys E4200, IP Address set to 192.168.2.XXX
Second Router Cisco 800 Series IP Address set to 0.0.00

Cable Modem --->Linksys E4200--->Personal Printer Deskptop, Wireless Devices---> Cisco 800 Series--->Work Laptop Docking Station, and Work Printer

I believe my problem is my personal Dell Printer V313w was preloaded a default IP address. I believe my personal network is not detecting the 192.168.1.XXX the printer is on being the router is set too 192.168.2.XXX. Additional my second router which is work related does not have a USB port for me to use either.

My question is, is there a way to get my printer to detect my network which is connected via USB to my router?

Thanks
Dennis

You need to switch off DHCP addressing on the second router.

Also, I would log into the printer's web GUI and assign a static IP address. Have that IP address reserved for your printer (static as well) in the main router's setup page as well.

WaRe

Just did that and it worked. I was working torwards that before i had read what you wrote. Thanks! Solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online