1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IP address with Dell Printer v313w

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WaRe, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Printer Dell v313w
    Vista Business
    Router Linksys

I have two routers connected together,

Main Router Linksys E4200, IP Address set to 192.168.2.XXX
    Second Router Cisco 800 Series IP Address set to 0.0.00

Cable Modem --->Linksys E4200--->Personal Printer Deskptop, Wireless Devices---> Cisco 800 Series--->Work Laptop Docking Station, and Work Printer

I believe my problem is my personal Dell Printer V313w was preloaded a default IP address. I believe my personal network is not detecting the 192.168.1.XXX the printer is on being the router is set too 192.168.2.XXX. Additional my second router which is work related does not have a USB port for me to use either.

My question is, is there a way to get my printer to detect my network which is connected via USB to my router?

Thanks
    Dennis

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

You need to switch off DHCP addressing on the second router.

Also, I would log into the printer's web GUI and assign a static IP address. Have that IP address reserved for your printer (static as well) in the main router's setup page as well.

3. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Just did that and it worked. I was working torwards that before i had read what you wrote. Thanks! Solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!