1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ip changer

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by iworld, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I added an IP blocker to my website, and to test it I used my ip... well anyways I cannot access my c-panel. Now fixing this is not what i am looking for. It's actual impossible to fix it through my computer... So does anyone know a way I can change my IP address? Is it a program? Is there a way through my comp? Now I just need help with getting a new IP. I don't want to get rid of the blocker. My reasons.

I use a cable modem. I also use a router (i dont know whether you need this info)

2. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

May not be as easy as it seems. This will depend largly on the ISP. If it assigns you a different IP every time you connect, then simply reconnecting will do the trick. However, if it constantly assigns you the same IP even if you reconnect, then you will have to contact the ISP, and possibly pay a fee for a different IP.

3. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

So it is possible that when I reconnect my IP is chnaged? I do I find out if it worked?

4. tsunam

tsunam

you should be able to take a look at your iptables file it could be in a number of locations, /etc/iptables /etc/default/iptables /var/lib/iptables/active. In there should be a line such as -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.1 -j DENY (where the 127.0.0.1 is the address of your ip). Course assuming you have access to the box and it has a GUI you should be able to modify it. I'm not sure how well links with graphics would do with it if you don't.

5. BMoCore

BMoCore

try release and renew ip? sorry but i find this funny that you locked yourself out of your own web page panel by testing the ip blocker lol. at least you know it works haha.

what kind of router are you using? what OS?

6. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I didn't lock myself out of my c-panel. Ok I’ll explain. It'll make your life and mine easier. I can get into my c-panel by going to the library and logging in and taking out the blocker, but that’s not the thing. I did this on purpose. I am doing something for my computer class (computer for information science) and I need to find out how to unlock a secure file my school made. It's for a big exam I have, so I am testing it on my C-panel at home. Now to do so, I need to change my IP. I do not know how to do that. I have a SMC router and by operation system is Windows XP.

7. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Ok, um... English please. iptables? where do I find /etc/iptables /etc/default/iptables /var/lib/iptables/active? Whats GUI?

8. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Are you saying you run C-Panel on your Windows XP computer??

9. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

What? No? I use hostultra.com. I log in and im in my c-panel, but I created a code that will block my ip from accessing it.

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

If you used CPanel's IP blocker, it should just be a matter of removing that line from your .htaccess file. Why don't you just e-mail your host and ask them to reset it? If your ISP doesn't change your IP, you can connect through a proxy if your host doesn't block it. But I still don't understand why you can't just go to the library and remove the IP ban.

11. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

No but the thing is I can remove it very easily, but that's not the way I want to do it. I have a big exam on unlocking secure files, and my first step is changing my ip address, but I need to know how to do this. I can remove the block out of my c-panel in a second, but that's not what I want. I want to test this out before the big exam. Now I never had to use a proxie before, so can you explain to me what it does and how it works and how I can get it to work?

12. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

13. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

14. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Read the site, it will explain.

15. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Yup. It did help, and I did it. I'm now using a Chinese IP :eek:

Well Thanx so much.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice