1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ipad 2 situation

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Honey2aB, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Here's the situation. Husband ordered this using his aeroplan miles...isn't it amazing what you can get with that card...anyway, purolator drops it off when he was still at work, kid and I are here. Kid is uber excited about testing it out, as some of the kids and some teachers have them at school, and she is allowed to borrow and fool around on. We take it out of the box, turn it on, and now we are presented with instructions to REALLY turn it on.

One of the things that we were supposed to do was give an email address, which was verified later on...so, me not knowing that this stupid ipad is basically just for one person..learned that little tidbit of info after the fact....typed in my email address. NOW, when anyone in the house clicks on the mail icon on the screen, guess what pops up for everyone to snoop thru. Yes. You guessed right. MY email inbox. CRAP.

How on earth can I fix this mistake I made? We have gone in there and changed everything.... my name, my email address and password, to an entirely different name/address/password, and verified the changes like they asked. So, now when you click on the mail icon on the screen, guess what pops up? My email inbox!!!...for everyone to browse thru..aaaaahhhhh

Thanx for letting me rant, and for any insight on helping me fix my blunder

Honey

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

You should be able to delete your email account from the iPad through Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts
    Then nobody would be able to access it from the iPad

3. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

so by clicking on that big red delete button on the bottom of the screen, it will just delete it from the ipad, and not the actual account....

4. Cheeseball81

Correct. You can still access your email account from a phone, computer, etc. It will only delete the account from the iPad itself.

For example, I have my Yahoo email linked to my iPhone. One time I was having issues receiving emails, so I deleted the account from my phone and had to re-add it. It didn't delete my email account in general. Just off the phone. :)

5. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

whoo hoo...it worked...but of course you knew that LOL...can ya tell I'm a total newb with this thing?? I'm sure I will have a million and one different questions regarding this as time goes on. Yes there is an online manual, but it seems that when I read those things I am just as much in the dark as when I started.
    I love talking to you guys about problems, as it seems like just talking to a friend to help ya out. I can ask a very specific question, and you answer in a very specific non manual more informal/comfortable way.....if that makes any sense. Makes a whole whack load of sense to me tho.
    Thanx for your help Cheeseball. I love your screen name, by the way...I have a screen name to somewhere I can't even remember (shows how often I go to that site) called cheesypoof..LOL.
    Thanx again...have a great day
    Honey

6. Cheeseball81

LOL. Thanks! :eek:

That is why we are here :) to help! And I'm glad you feel so comfortable with us at TSG. Feel free to ask whatever you wish.

I've had the iPad a few months now. It's a lot of fun, eh? Feel free to ask any other questions regarding it and I will do my best to help.

7. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

Oh wait..here's an easy one...I signed in to my facebook..filled in the info..email/password..it says ...login to facebook is complete..to see your facebook news feed in msn, close this window and refresh your msn page...how on earth do i "close this window"

I'm used to my laptop here...just click on the red x in the corner and page is closed

8. Cheeseball81

Oh okay. So you answered it before I could then? lol

9. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

ya lost me for a sec there...i'm answering you with my laptop and the ipad is in my lap
    On the ipad I'm staring at a huge white page with the message that I just said, right across the page...how do i "close this window" like it asks. ipad doesn't have that little red x like a laptop.

10. Cheeseball81

Oh okay. I think I know what you are saying.

On the iPad, see at the top there are some symbols. One sort of looks like 2 boxes (one in front of the other) and next to that is one that looks like an open book.

Touch the one that looks like the 2 boxes and that big white page should minimize to the left hand corner of the screen.
    If it has an x in the upper left then you can press that to close it out.

11. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

nope the page that is staring at me looks like this...from the top left side>>> left pointing arrow/right pointing arrow/open book/square with a curved arrow on it/address bar/google search bar
    Underneath that is>>some random page hubby put in/google ac../msn-facebook/apple inc/my apple ID/email-google/msn/microsoft/untitled/plus sign

12. Honey2aB

Honey2aB Thread Starter

okay..i don't know what happened, but all of a sudden i can get into my facebook...now the only problem is trying to remember what on earth i did to do it...yikes

13. Cheeseball81

Sorry I stepped away for a few minutes....

It sounds like a bunch of webpages were open in Safari

When you said /google ac../msn-facebook/apple inc/my apple ID/email-google/msn/microsoft/untitled/

It sounds like multiple tabs

Each + sign opens a new tab - but each tab you touch should have an x on the left side which you can touch to close it out

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice