1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: iPhone has started running warm and chewing through the battery

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by kcbear, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kcbear

kcbear Thread Starter

Hi,

In the last couple of days my iPhone 3Gs running iOS 6 has started using the battery very fast and is always warm. if placed near the car radio it is always producing those annoying data transfer noises. Battery does not last overnight and runs down at about 1% per few minutes. I have installed a couple of apps recently however their removal has not helped my situation

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Have you killed all the apps running in the background? I'd try that first. If that doesn't work, you can attempt a restore.
    If these both don't help, then it could be a hardware issue.

3. gridl0ck

gridl0ck

Like Cheeseball said try a software restore first. Usually with the 3GS the power management IC (PMIC) becomes faulty causing a short which also causes the heat and battery draining. If you are good with hardware you can attempt a reflow but the PMIC usually needs to be changed.

4. kcbear

kcbear Thread Starter

Software restore did the trick. Thanks guys

5. cuttlefish

cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
    I went to one of those websites that tells you all the settings to keep battery usage to a minimum, and it worked!

I am 99.9999% sure that "running apps" is not a real issue!

Apple say it is simply a list of the apps you have used recently and as such they are not actually "running".

The biggest change I made was to the "brightness" setting as that seems to be the culprit with excessive battery usage and the hot feeling!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice