1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: iPod Touch Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by bjf98, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bjf98

bjf98 Thread Starter

About a month ago, I dropped my iPod Touch Second Generation and the screen cracked. It is still usable, but I would like to repair it. Apple gave me a quote of $120 dollars for the repair, however I have seen things on online stores like Amazon and eBay for less than $15. Are these safe to use and good quality? If so, where do you recommend I buy the replacement? I have read several reviews on such products warning me that I need to also buy a chassis/bezel, etc., because by opening the iPod these snap...or that I may also need to replace my home button...I am not sure exactly how broken my iPod is or what I need to purchase.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. ktulu11

ktulu11

Well look at it like this, do you want to risk having to buy the additional stuff to fix what will almost assuredly break and spend about half doing so and risk the device breaking completely beyond repair. Or just spending the money, sending it to apple and having them do it right?

3. d6d24r94

d6d24r94

Yeah I wouldn't do it. Apple knows what they're doing, and if Amazon tries to sell you stuff to do yourself, don't buy into it. Why do you think it's so cheap?
    Apple will know how to fix it, they made the device after all. You probably need special equipment or something to do it the way they do it, and their way is best.

4. bjf98

bjf98 Thread Starter

Okay, thank you guys. I will send it into Apple...after dropping it, I'm not sure how much I trust myself with it anyway.

5. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Actually, Apple won't fix it. When you send it in, they will toss it and send you a refurbished one.

Courtney

6. bjf98

bjf98 Thread Starter

Okay, thanks for the advice...I'll look into that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/932446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice