1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IrfanView and text

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by xavier2, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xavier2

xavier2 Thread Starter

Using Irfanview I have a problem with inserting text into a selection. It inserts OK, but when I click on to another image then return to the first, the text has disappeared. Any ideas, please?

2. sekirt

sekirt

I can't duplicate any problems you are having.
    Did you save the new image with the text you added?

sekirt

3. slipe

slipe

Irfanview doesn’t keep any changes when you move to another image. If you don’t save the image Irfanview guesses you were just fooling around and didn’t want to keep the changes. That or it just doesn’t have the capacity to keep multiple images running at once. You can open multiple Irfanview windows though.

Make sure to either “Save as” or change the filename so you don’t overwrite your original.

4. xavier2

xavier2 Thread Starter

Thanks sekirt and slipe for pointing me in the right direction. I have been used to PaintShop Pro where the SAVE box pops up automatically. That doesn't happen with IrfanView - and the instructions finish with the OK button, no mention at all about saving. Even so it took me a while to figure it out - the new image has to be saved TWICE. File>SAVE. Then click SAVE again on the popup save box.Then YES. (Overwriting this particular image is not important). All a bit long winded but if you know of a simpler way please let me know. But thanks very much again for your help.

5. lister

lister

You can disable the overwrite dialogue in Misc1 in the Preferences - but don't come running to me when you save over a file you wanted to keep!:eek:

6. xavier2

xavier2 Thread Starter

Thanks, Lister. Point taken!

PS Belfast, eh? Say hello to Royal Avenue for me, will you?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!