1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IRQL not less or equal

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by miik3, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. miik3

miik3 Thread Starter

Hello and thanks beforehand... I have an Acer Aspire 5532 with Windows 7 Home Basic. Sometimes it boots and runs just fine, and at other times when I log in, it displays the blue screen with the infamous IRQL not less or equal error... I ran Memtest86 3.5a and even swaped the ram modules. I also ran HDAT 4.8.1 but everything seems to be fine. What should I do? I've attached a .dmp and a sysdata.xml file, if that helps. :)

Attached Files:

2. Lance1

Lance1

You can Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7 Follow the instructions to create the disk and do a start-up repair. This is a shot in the dark as the underlying problem is ntoskrnl.exe Give it a try. I am sure someone will come along with more information.

3. miik3

miik3 Thread Starter

Hi, I read about flashing the bios and upgrade it to latest version to fix the problem, I was doing so, but the error popped up during the bios upgrade, and it turned off. Now it won't turn on, I'm desperate :(
    I pulled out the battery and ac power and pressed the power button for 30 seconds, pluged the battery and ac power but it didn't help... pulled out the battery and ac power again waited 10 minutes, pluged the battery and ac power again and nothing... :'(

4. Lance1

Lance1

O NO... You where in the process of flashing the BIOS and that error shut the system down... This has effectively trashed the BIOS by shutting down in the middle of the BIOS flash. I am sorry to say, but you now have a big paperweight.

Did you get this BIOS flash update from the Acer update site? Is the laptop still under warranty? If so, I would call Acer support and explain the situation. They just "might" replace or repair the laptop.

5. miik3

miik3 Thread Starter

6. Lance1

Lance1

Not yours! that is hard. Yes it is replaceable to replace it but! You need to bring it to a reputable shop. And that could cost a lot.

The Wikihow link is just a BIOS reset, and the Pcsupport link is basically the same thing. Your problem is in the BIOS ROM programing itself. When the PC shutdown in the flash process the ROM programing "Flash" was cut short. This makes the ROM non-functional and non-accessible. You can't clear it or reset it. Sorry for the bad news...

7. miik3

miik3 Thread Starter

Yeah, I went to the more reputable store in my state, which is an Acer authorized service center, and they told me they have to replace the whole mobo, wich costs 300 bucks and up... haha, a new one (same model) costs $545... I hope it still has warranty LOL.
    I wonder if these would work on my specific problem??
    bios-repair.co.uk
    badflash.com
    Thanks a bunch buddy. :)

8. Lance1

Lance1

These companies will supply you with a new ROM. But you still have to remove the main board, remove the ROM chip and install the new one. This of course would hang on the ability of one to disassemble the laptop and have the proper tools to remove the ROM chip and insert the new one. Now all that said, and that laptop being dead, Here is the link to the Acer Aspire 5532 Notebook Series Service Guide I have disassembled these laptops and rebuilt them. It may sound daunting, but if you keep everything meticulously in a order you can remove the main board have it repaired and rebuild the laptop again. Wish you the best in this.

9. miik3

miik3 Thread Starter

You mean I can just order the ROM, replace the old one and everything's fine? I mean, without having to buy a new mobo? That would be so kewl. Cya and thank you very much. :)

10. miik3

miik3 Thread Starter

It turned out it wasn't the BIOS, I used a crisis disk and fixed it, then I disovered that the HD's MBR was infected with Alureon.A that was also infecting low level drivers and that was causing the blue screen even on fresh O.S. installs. I used Kaspersky's TDSSKiller, then I cleared the MBR with TestDisk 6.11, installed an x64 Windows 7 Ultimate and now everything is fine, except for the disk wich is severely damaged (Physically), but that's another story. :)

11. Lance1

Lance1

Good, I'm glad you got it all working.
    You didn't get frustrated did you?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice