1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is Adobe Flash Enabled?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lschul, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am using google chat and it says I have sounds enabled, but I don't hear anything. How do I check to see if I have adobe flash and if its enabled?

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

One way is to go to the Add/Remove section of the Control Panel and see if it shows as being installed.

Another is to go to Adobe's web site, to the flash page (or any other location that you know has flash), and see if you see the flash logo spinning (for adobe's site).

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I clicked on the download in adobe and it said successfully installed but I don't see it in add/remove adn nothign was spinningat adobe.com

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I've seen this problem on a couple of computers. Basically needed to download the flash.msi file directly and install from my computer. If you like I can put it on my web site later for you.

5. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

If you can...

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Just sent you the link.

Basically download the program and click on it to install.

7. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Thanks Bob, PM sent

8. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Glad it worked and thanks for letting me know.

9. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Bob a co worker is having this same problem, no pictures or video will work on his machine. If he hasn't fixed it can I have you email him whatever you sent to me? Mine is working but I no longer have the info. Thanks!

10. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Send me an e-mail. I'm not sure what's to post or not regarding where you can download a flash player.

Of course you can always just go to Adobe's site but some people have had problems with their installer.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice