1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is disny.com a real site?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dsabol, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dsabol

dsabol Thread Starter

My son showed me that he's been going to www.disny.com, which he thought was "Disney". He's been playing games there (ie: "Club Penguin").

I can't find much useful info on Google about it. It looks like it possibly links to the real Disney site, the same way "www.googel.com" will actually take you to Google (I do it all the time).

Anyone here know anything about this one?

Thanks, in advance. ;)

2. mrss

mrss Guest

3. MomAries

MomAries Banned

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi dsabol,
    When I clicked on your disny dot com link above I got straight to disney.co.uk (legit).
    My two kids also frequent Club Penguin and get excited when Captain Rock Hopper is due to visit ... beyond me I'm afraid!!

Richard.

5. AleciaBrent

AleciaBrent Banned

I just wondering as kids are more likely to misspell than adults, it's a worry that some sites throw up off-colour links. While some companies are wise to this as www.gooogle.com redirects to www.google.com and even this disny redirected to disney.com. Is it not expensive and futile for anyone to try to register all conceivable misspelt versions of their address sometimes.

6. mrss

mrss Guest

It's not even a drop in the bucket when your revenues are over $ 4Billion a year, as it is for Disney. As it turns out, Disney also owns go.com, and both disnee.com and disney.com are redirected there.

You could get a domain name and have a website for it for as little as $6/month. If all you want is the name w/o a site so that no one else can use it, that's like $29 for three years. The names are not expensive at all, and some people have made a small living by buying up un-used, but potential domains, and waiting for for a buyer.

7. dsabol

dsabol Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice