1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is it ok to delete these folders?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by foosa, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foosa

foosa Thread Starter

Hi there,

Could somebody please help me with this?!

I'm running window xp, and these folders are taking up a lot space on my hard disk, hence I would like to know is it ok to delete all these folders? I have attached the image with this post, please take a look. Also does it have any side effects after deleting them?

Please advice me, thank you!

foosa

Attached Files:

2. Blitze105

Blitze105

full folder names would be nice. but considering they are in C and hidden files (most the time) i would suggest keeping them intact, however i didn't research them at all so i'm not sure.
    ~blitze

3. Digidave

Digidave

I believe those are the uninstall files for all your Windows updates. If you ever run into trouble with a security update those are what you need to uninstall, if I'm not mistaken. Which happens from time to time.;)

4. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Yeah, I wouldn't disturb them too.

5. foosa

foosa Thread Starter

Thank you all for your advices! :) It's really getting pile up a lot :rolleyes: Look like I will have to uninstall some programs to get the free space then.

Thank you once again! Have a nice day!

foosa

6. jmwills

jmwills

They are fine to delete.

7. snooker

snooker

Just make sure you don't have any problems with service pack 2 if you decide to delete them , Because from what I heard once they are deleted you can't go back , You can also do what I have done , Create a folder within the same directory and place them all into one folder

8. foosa

foosa Thread Starter

Hi jmwills,

Could you please elaborate a bit more...sorry to ask for that cause it seems like the other don't agree that I should delete them. Hope you don't mind the trouble.

Thanks.

foosa

9. foosa

foosa Thread Starter

Snooker your advice is to put all those folders into one folder, then maybe after a few days, if it doesn't cause problem then it's ok to delete them?

Thanks

foosa

10. jmwills

jmwills

Those are the temp installation files and we delete them all the time. Of course, like someone said, if it has to do with SP2 and you delete them, you can not go back.
    Burn them to a CD and you can keep a copy there.

11. foosa

foosa Thread Starter

jmwills, thanks for your advice, I will do a backup before deleting them then. :)

foosa

12. snooker

snooker

No , I am saying to keep them all on one folder within the same area ,Just create a folder within the same directory and place them all there , With the size of hard drives nowadays its no big deal to keep them all , Or you can do as jm suggested to burn them onto a disk and then delete them ...

13. foosa

foosa Thread Starter

Thanks! I have burn them all on to cds already. :)

foosa

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!