1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is it possible and worthwhile to use a SATA and an ATA drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by weinerschnitzel, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel Thread Starter

I have a 250GB ATA drive that has stuff on it, but nothing important. However, the drive is fairly new and can live on in my next computer. Since the one I'm looking at has a SATA drive, I'd like to know whether it's possible to use both drives and whether doing so is worth it.

2. twizzie

twizzie

You can use both of them only if your motherboard supports both ATA and SATA storage devices

3. jackdw

jackdw

yup, 100% possible. I have a 18gb IDE/ATA system drive.
    Along with that I have two storage drives. One is a 80gb ATA/IDE and the other is a 250gb SATA.

4. weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice