1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is it possible to write a program to...

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by ustacp, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ustacp

ustacp Thread Starter

Is it possible to write a program to keep refreshing my Microsoft explorer browser window? If so what language would I need to use and how hard would it be?
    Thanks

2. coderitr

coderitr

It can be done in visual basic using the browser object.

3. john@help

[email protected] Banned

yes but it has to be dos

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

This free ad- and popup-blocking toolbar has an autorefresh setting for IE that you can set to whatever interval you want:

http://toolbar.gogodata.com/

5. ustacp

ustacp Thread Starter

Thanks that program works. It beats trying to code a new prog. It also found some spyware that "webroot spy sweeper" and "microsoft antispyware" did not find. Although, they may have put it in their program so that people keep it. But who knows. Thanks.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

No problem. It's fun to write programs, but if there is already one there, why not put your energies into something that hasn't been done already?

There is certainly a need for third-party utilities to accomplish easily what can be done only with difficulty using only Windows tools. "Third-party" isn't a dirty word, though some people act like it is. After all, the whole purpose of an operating system is to serve as a platform on which to run "third-party" applications. And why not use "third-party" tools whenever they are available? You wouldn't try to fix your car with only the tools that came with it, unless you are really handy with a tire-iron :D.

7. TofuTheGreat

TofuTheGreat

Very well said. Can I use this analogy when I talk to my customers/users? :)

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

LOL. Knock yourself out :D.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice