1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: is my i7 dying?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nefox, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nefox

nefox Thread Starter

The other night on of the fans started to run really loud and the computer has been running really crappy lately. I was trying to close a frozen program and I noticed most of the processes are *32. I have noticed on or two maybe in the past but now more than half of the programs are running in 32 bit mode. Is my processor on its last legs? I have tried running several different Hardware checking programs but I keep getting this is not a valid 32 bit program?

Please advise.

Thank you,
    Luke

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8183 Mb
    Graphics Card: mv video hook driver2, 3 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 938828 MB, Free - 499356 MB; D: Total - 295500 MB, Free - 87561 MB; E: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 239423 MB; F: Total - 9742 MB, Free - 1319 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0X231R
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Attached Files:

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

3. nefox

nefox Thread Starter

I broke out the compressed air and it helped with the speed of the applications but they are almost all running in 32 bit processes still. Tried a system restore for the fun of it but no changes.

Attached Files:

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

Are you still getting programs freezing?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Most programs are still 32 bit, but such a failure would be unheard off anyway. Temps are a tad high if thats at idle, what do they go to under heavy load?

Have you tested the RAM? Or the hard drive? Those two are fail more commonly, UBCD has Memtest86+ and hard drive diagnostics for most drives on it; test both with that.

Also have you checked for viruses and malware?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!