1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is my rig in need of an upgrade??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tabax, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabax

tabax Thread Starter

Greetings,
    I am wondering if my rig is in need of an upgrade, or can it run ok for now. Everything was going smoothly until i tried to mod Skyrim. I installed enb series, and installed preset real vision. My framerate droped to 20 fps, in some ares 17. So I dont know if my gpu is the problem or my cpu, or bolth. My budget is about 200$.
    I am thinking of selling my CPU and MOBO and going for intel(used, not new, to expensive).

System specs:
    Cpu: amd phenom 2 x 4 overclocked @ 3.7ghz
    Gpu: geefroce gtx 750 ti
    Mobo: gigabyte ga-790xta-ud4
    Ram: 8gb ddr3

2. geek117

geek117

Anytime you mod a game with higher resolution graphics, you're going to take a game which was optimized for specific settings and adding things it was never meant to reproduce. Thus, you may experience a more than normal load with hardware that wasn't necessarily ever meant to run the game on it's highest settings.

What was your framerate before the mod, and what settings do you run the game at?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice