1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Is there a Tablet that can receive streaming music

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by smeegle, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

I've been looking at these streaming sites such as Napster and Pandora which stream music to a pc. I don't want to take my pc or laptop with me when I listen to music. So I was wondering is there a tablet that can be used to receive subscribed music from any of these sites? If this question has been asked before I must have missed it.
    Thanks for any help that is offered.

2. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

Should I rephrase my question? Anyone know of anything similar to what I'm asking about?

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There are only a few Android tablets that actually have the Android Market, and they're not the cheap ones. They'd include the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Obviously an iPad would work too.

I just checked Amazon, and it looks like the Kindle Fire has Pandora too. That might be the cheapest tablet you could find to stream music.

I've never seen a Napster app for any device, so I can't comment on that.

4. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

Thanks for the response, DoubleHelix. I had looked at Kindle Fire but I didn't notice that it had Pandora on it. I wasn't just looking for Napster but for any of the subscription services out there and I gave it as an example. Pandora is just as good.

5. buttonstc

buttonstc

I just recently purchased an Acer Iconia on BF and so far have tried both Pandora and Slacker Radio on it with no problems at all.

I have the A100 (which is a 7 incher) but the A500 which is the full size (10 inch) has the same functionality from what I understand.

I got mine for $189.00 at Best Buy sale price so even tho it has the same functionality as the Samsung Galaxy and similar, it's not nearly as expensive.

You might be interested in checking out the Dec. issue of Consumer Reports for a really comprehensive listing of pretty much all the major tablets available along with all the details on the specs and CR rankings of them by quality.

I chose mine because it was the only 7" tablet running Honeycomb (Android 3.2) and since the price was significantly less (even lower than the Kindle Fire) and provided the most full set of features and options.

Check out CR and also keep an eye on BB getting closer to Xmas and even immediately after as more price drops are likely.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice