[SOLVED] Is this the correct audio driver for me?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Could someone look at this and let me know if this is a driver update for my system?

http://download.com.com/3000-2120-10281274.html

Right now, in the DirectX dialog box, it says that the device name is Realtek AC'97 audio version number 5.10.0000.5490

Here is the Audio information about my computer from Aida32:

Thank you so much. I always have trouble with determining the audio drivers! :(

Attachments

LauraMJ

Administrator
Yes, it is, I'm just checking for updates. We need to keep the drivers updated, yes? Or is the audio drivers not as important?

Just checking, to make sure I keep up with these things! :)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I have this really cool theory when it comes to computers, if it isn't broken, stop trying to break it until it is ;)

Sometimes the newest drivers aren't the best.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Uh oh, now I'm confused (again). I thought it was important to keep the audio and video drivers updated?

Do I not need to check for updates periodically?

I can find my video drivers easily, the website for that is pretty user friendly, but I've always had a hard time determining the correct audio drivers for my system, it just seems as though it's more muddled don't seem to go in sequence and I get confused as to whether I need a VIA or Realtek.

So, do I not need to keep up with this stuff, after all?

Thanks for your replies! :)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
My prescription for driver issues is usually this:

If you install a new program or add a different piece of hardware that requires a driver update, create a system restore point first. If nothing has changed on your system, and your system is running as you expect it should, LEAVE well enough alone.

OR DO YOU WANT ME TO SHOUT LOUDER :D :D

Experience, here, I've actually broken Windows XP with some driver updates ;) But then again, my XP is on a non-essential trial/test/etc. system and I don't really care if I break it. Your mileage may vary ;)

LauraMJ

Administrator
Eh? (cups hand to ear)

Kidding, lol.

Okay, then, I guess I won't worry about these driver thingys anymore. Thanks!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Canadian transplanted to Virginia eh :)

Have a good day.

Will go ahead and mark this issue solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online