1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ISP is blocking most of my ports. What can I do?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by coldcore, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldcore

coldcore Thread Starter

Hey so I made a post awhile ago about not being able to get any ports open. Well I found a site that runs a check that shows your ports as either closed opened or stealth. Stealth means the ISP is blocking the port and it can not be opened. Problem is majority of the ports are stealth so I cant do anything. My ISP is Verizon so is there anything i can do? If i call up tech support will they unblock specific ports for me?

2. coldcore

coldcore Thread Starter

I ran the test again in safe mode all firewalls off including routers firewall and still it shows 90% of my ports as stealth

3. dopangle

dopangle

You will have to get another ISP. Cell Phone ISP are not good for laptop and desktop computers. Lots of restrictions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice