1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Issue swith Favorites and Usernames disappearing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kinosoo, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kinosoo

kinosoo Thread Starter

No sure if this is in the right forum but here's my problem: for that last several months I have noticed that some items in my favorites list are being automatically moved to the trash bin. These are favorites are being used regularly. Now, in the last couple of days, some sites are not remebering my usernames. I have tried to look for settings that may be the culprit with no success. I am worried that these things may be signs that my computer is corrupted. I have a PC that is running Windows home premium 7 and using IE 9 with Norton as my anitvirus. Any help in solving this very annoying problem is greatly appreciated! :)

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Are your IE9 cookies "allowed"?

Have you checked inside Delete... under Browsing history, in the General tab?

Is the "Delete browsing history on exit" box selected?

Are you the only one using that computer or User account?

3. kinosoo

kinosoo Thread Starter

hm...the box beside "delete browsing history on exit" was checked (don't recall doing that!) and cookies are set for "automatic handling". I am the only using this computer. Are those two things the reason for my issues?

4. Phantom010

I would think so, at least for the first one. :)

You can still use the option, but I would tick the "Preserve Favorites website data" box first.

5. kinosoo

kinosoo Thread Starter

Is there a reason that my internet options would change on their own? Like a windows update or something? I definitely had cookies enabled before...

6. Phantom010

Nothing legit would do that, unless some group policy were to prevent such changes from being saved on exit.

7. kinosoo

kinosoo Thread Starter

Ok. I ran a malwarebytes scan that did not pick anything suspicious up so I guess I'll just conclue that everything is fine unless there is something else that you think I should do...

8. Phantom010

Try it that way and check the settings again to make sure they're sticking.

9. kinosoo

kinosoo Thread Starter

so far so good...thanks for the help!

10. Phantom010

You're welcome!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice