1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: issue with excel 2007 personal.xlsb file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tvjt, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvjt

tvjt Thread Starter

I understand in excel 2007 -- when you build a macro and save it to a personal workbook it saves the file in the xlstart menu and automatically opens behind the scenes when you open an Excel workbook---- My problem is when I build a macro and it asks if I want to save changes to the personal,xlsb file if I click on yes -- from than on, when I open Microsoft excel the standard blank sheet one does not open but the personal.xlsb which is supposed to open but behind the scene. Any suggestions... J.T.

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

I don't know 2007. But in previous versions you have to hide personal.xls, then close Excel (it'll probably prompt you to save), then re-run Excel & it should stay hidden.

HTH

3. tvjt

tvjt Thread Starter

that did the trick ---thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice