1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Issues with Outlook Meetings

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by eric996, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eric996

eric996 Thread Starter

Hiya!

Windows XP Pro SP2
    Outlook 2003 SP3
    Exchange 2003

I'm having an issue between two users and one specific outlook calendar meeting.

User A - Meeting Organizer
    User B - Attendee

User A creates a meeting for October 29, 2008 at 11:00am-12:00pm . When User B accepts, the meeting is placed on their calendar as a meeting from 12:00-1:00pm on the same day.

Checked time zones on PC and in Meeting Planner. All match up. I thought for a second it would have been caused by Daylight Savings time coming up, but no other meetings are affected, even some on the same day. I also created a meeting on the same day and they worked without an issue.

Any ideas?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    October 29th falls between the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in November. After 2007 the end of Daylight Savings Time changed from the last Sunday in October to the first Sunday in November. Any chance one of the computers didn't get a DST patch from MS? My brain is not ready for any kind of math calculations and I can't say for sure which computer that may be.

Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst

EDIT: Just reread your post that says no other meetings are affected on October 29th. Not sure what the problem could be if user A creates another meeting for a different time on the 29th and User B sees it as the same time.

3. eric996

eric996 Thread Starter

Thanks Chuck

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm just stumped with this. I'm going to chalk this one up to user error. I'll contact both users today and get two remote sessions going on and see exactly what they are doing to make this happen. I'll post when I find something

4. eric996

eric996 Thread Starter

Ugh..guess I didn't check the time zones close enough. User A was set to Tijuana, Baja California time zone. Changed it to correct time zone and everything fixed itself. Marking this thread as solved as I kick myself in the head for overlooking that :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice