Solved: Issues with wifi (D-Link DI-524)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laursie

I would like to begin by thanking you for your help (please help me). I am trying to set up my family with wireless internet, but my parents are technophobes and I'm kind of on my own with this and the antivirus.
But I digress.
I have a secondhand Dlink DI-524 wireless router and have connected it to my modem with and ethernet cable, and have connected the router to my PC.
When I try to connect to 192.168.0.1 as is stated in my manual, it used to pop up with a password screen and when I tried to enter in the default and hit enter, it just popped up again. After resetting, firefox just says it can't display the page.
When I connect to the network on my PC and laptop, it has an excellent connection yet won't connect to the internet.
If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

leroys1000

Banned
Straighten a paper clip or find something equally thin.
On the back of the router is a small hole.
In that hole there is a reset button.
Press and hold it for 10 seconds to reset to factory default.
Then direct your browser to http://192.168.0.1
Default user is admin.
Leave the password blank.
Once logged in,run the setup wizard.

laursie

Thanks for your suggestion.
I tried resetting it and it was successful, but firefox now can't display 192.168.0.1. When it eventually does ask for a password, I enter admin in username and blank in default but it pops up with the authenification box again. Thanks again, but it's not working.
Any other ideas?

leroys1000

Banned
Might try a hard reset by holding the reset for 30 seconds,then try it,
but TerryNet is probably right.
I am using the same router with no problems,so yours is probably defective.
You are connecting to the router with a cable,not wireless right?

laursie

Right.
I did buy it second-hand, so there's no guarantees with that, so I guess I'll buy another one and try again.
Thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online