Solved: items I do not want to start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wallie215

When I start my computer I have several items in there that start also. One being quick time and a few photo programs that do not need to start. Where and how can I add or remove these?

guitar

Banned
you can goto start/run/msconfig/startup and uncheck the ones you don't want
or use ccleaner/tools/startup and remove them

wallie215

If I run this program and remove them from the list for start up will it remove the whole program?

wallie215

OK i made a few changes to the start up menu and it wants to restart and thats ok but when it boots up I get a message that says the system utility has started and wants to know if I want it to start that program everytime I reboot. I dont want to screw something up so I let it undo the 3 things I changed and restart again

guitar

Banned
you should tick don't show this message again otherwise your starting those programs again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online