Solved: ITUNES I get a error ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave001

Ok so here is my issues with Itunes. I have a friends machine that I am working on fixing. I finally got it all cleaned and noticed that he had some MP3s I wanted. He uses Itunes to download them so I figured what the hell I will share out the My Music libary and transfer them over my network.

We are both running windows XP and when i shared out the my music folder in my docs. XP said I needed to move the folder into the shared directory area to share the folder. I did as it said I was able to transfer just fine. I went to launch Itunes and it didn't work. I figured I needed to move the file from Shared back to My docs but I get a message saying the folder is a system folder and cannot be moved. So instead of moving it I copied it back into My documents.

Now When I go to launch ITUNES I get a error ... The folder "itunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder.

I checked the folder security and unchecked the box next to read only. I went to luacn it again and still i get the same error. Any Ideas?

Now I just went into the shared docs and deleted the my musci file and both shared and my docs versions of my music is gone!!!

PLEASE HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online