1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: iTunes install problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bo0sheke, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bo0sheke

bo0sheke Thread Starter

I've had problems with Quick time before, but never iTunes; this time around, when I go to install the newest version from Apple.com, it goes through a few things to get started, then this pops up, and then it un does everything, and says retry another time.
    [​IMG]

Aside from that, I get errors with Quick time, where it cannot find the ActiveX control when I go to open it. (iTunes says it needs "Quicktime" to run)
    Any ideas?:confused: Ah, and i'm on XP pro SP2.

2. bo0sheke

bo0sheke Thread Starter

any ideas at all?

3. parasolution

parasolution

I had that problem a few months ago.

I'll need to go back and see what I did. I think there was a MS program that I used to help remove some old itunes files that prevented a new install.

I'll see what I can dig up.

4. parasolution

parasolution

Did you get this fixed?

I used Windows Installerl Cleanup utility. I ran the cleanup unitility first, then ran the itunes installer with no problems.

Just google for the utility.

5. bo0sheke

bo0sheke Thread Starter

yes, still can't load QuickTime or iTunes, I tried the windows installer cleanup; but QuickTime, or iTunes was not in the list of things to get rid of (though I did find a different program that was useless and giving me trouble uninstalling:D )

I've also tried getting rid of the iTunes and QuickTime files out of the Regestry Editor, I got some out, but the files

QuickTime.QuickTime.4
    QuickTimeCheckObject.QuickTimeCheck
    QuickTimeCheckObject.QuickTimeCheck.1
    QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp
    QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp.1

Cannot be opened, deleted; it gives me an error, and does not let me do anything to them, I had QuickTime and iTunes installed before, but deleted them after looking for different programs, but I like the iTunes; and now when I go to install it (iTunes or QuickTime, it gives me that message pictured above, and backs up the install.
    I just hope this isn't a more serious problem then just an installing problem.

6. bo0sheke

bo0sheke Thread Starter

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/503266