Solved: ive just reformated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fevola25

and i enter setup so I can change it to read the rom to re-install windows, but when i enter 'set up' by hitting delete, it askes me to 'enter password', Ahhh, its never asked me that before, any idears how i can get around this ??

If a desktop, remove the CMOS battery for 15 minutes while the PC is unpowered. Then replace and restart.

If a laptop, take it to the service agents.

Or, use the password. Why do you not know it?

fevola25

kiwiguy said:
If a desktop, remove the CMOS battery for 15 minutes while the PC is unpowered. Then replace and restart.

If a laptop, take it to the service agents.

Or, use the password. Why do you not know it?

good question, its never asked me for it before, and i dont ever remember adding one, ive tried all the passwords i use, and nothing works,

this cmos battery, is it hard to find ???

Im no expert on this.

The CMOS battery is on the main motherboard inside the computer.

It is a silver disc, coin shaped and about 20mm in diameter (3/4")

It is held under a clip. Be careful that you do not break the clip.

Ther may be a jumper you could use to reset the BIOS to defaults but you need to have the motherboard manual to figure out which it is, there are lots.

fevola25

Oh wow, thanks mate, thankyou for your time, really appreciated,

Cheers, Ryan. (y)

fevola25

Yep, fixed my problem mate, thankyou so much :)

thats just saved me money at the repair shop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online