1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java and Shut down Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chadhmnd15, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chadhmnd15

chadhmnd15 Thread Starter

The other day i tried to play pool on yahoo and i couldnt. I have always been able to before but now i cant. Well now everything that has to do with java doesnt work at all. I tried fixing it myself with the all the things they tell you to do on all the other sites but it doesnt work. Then i tried to download The Java¬ô 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE) but it wont install it gets to the last green bar and just stops i dont know what is up with that.

Another problem i have is that i cant shut down or restart my computer. It hangs on Windows is shutting down and will never shut off. I dont know how to fix that either.

One more thing is that my internet explorer homepage always gets swithed to this res://mshp.dll/index.html#22776 and i dont know why i does that all the time and it used to be wabu.com but that went away and now there is this site.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    sounds like your IE is highjacked.

Run HIGHJACKTHIS and post a log here.

3. chadhmnd15

chadhmnd15 Thread Starter

I fixed everything by restoring my computer and now everything works perfectly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice