1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java download problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by redoak, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

I use XP Home with SP2 in place. My firewall is the one with SP2, at least temporarily. I am also using AdAware, AWG and SpyWare Blaster. When attempting to install Java RunTime, the installation stalls at 93%. Java warns that a security program may interfere with a download. Is that what is causing my problem? Which program is suspect? I need Java in order to maintain my GeoCities website. Thanks for any help that may be given.

2. Chicon

Chicon

Hi redoak,

Log with your administrator account and try to install your Java runtime after having switched off your anti-virus.

3. Chicon

Chicon

Also, turn off your XP firewall during the process.

4. uolamer

uolamer

if you got reasonable bandwith you can download the offline install version, which doesnt need internet to install that i know of..

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    2nd yellow download button.

i run the beta version, cant seem to find the url to download it right now tho.. filename is jre-1_5_0-beta2-windows-i586.exe which is an offline install of that one..

5. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

Using "Google," I went to TUCOWS.com, where I chose a 'mirror' download site, for a download of Java RunTime. Both the download and installation went without a hitch, without changing any security programs. Odd that this source worked fine and a direct download from JAVA did not.
    Thanks to those who made suggestions.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice