1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java Installation Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by AlexxEG, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlexxEG

AlexxEG Thread Starter

Hello :)
    I been trying to install java (7u11), but it doesn't actually unpack the files and whatnot.

After looking in the java folder after installing, it only contains:
    - core.zip (Contains all the files I actually want)
    - patchjre.exe (0 kB if it matters)

Registry seems to install though. The installer says it installed successfully. And sometimes, not always, it says it couldn't find "Install Path\bin\installer.dll" in the middle of the installation process.

jusched.log contains:
    (I tried making the missing registry key, but doesn't help, it just doesn't give the error)

I tried uninstalling Java, running CCleaner, running JavaRA and then rebooting, didn't do anything.

I'm running Windows 8 x64. I had Java before working perfectly. That's about all information I can think of giving right now. Feel free to ask about more though.

Thanks in advance!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Not sure THIS Microsoft fix supports Windows 8 yet, but I've seen it fix a lot of installation problems.

3. foxidrive

foxidrive Banned

One manual method I have used in the past to allow me to install Java when there were problems is to delete c:\program files\java and remove all registry entries that have c:\program files\java in it.

Backup your registry before starting just in case something gets fubar.
    Or create a restore point.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Removing registry entries manually, especially from a program like Java, can be very complex. It's not just a matter of finding keys with the name Java in them. You might mess things up and make Java impossible to uninstall or reinstall again. I would advise against it.

5. golferbob

golferbob

6. AlexxEG

AlexxEG Thread Starter

Tried the Microsoft fix (appeared to work on Win8 though), but didn't find any problems.

I backed up every thing I found searching for "C:\Program Files\Java" in registry, deleted them, went through %appdata% & deleted anything Java related I could find and then ran JavaRA. Didn't work I'm afraid, no more or less errors in log.

(Is there any programs to track what files and registry keys an installer installs? Might try to install it on another computer, then just "copying" all those files/registry keys to my main computer)

Thanks for the suggestions though!

7. AlexxEG

AlexxEG Thread Starter

I fixed it finally. The Temp folder didn't have any permissions to SYSTEM, added it plus Administrator with Full Control, and now it worked. Also added permissions to "\AppData\LocalLow\Sun" folder, not sure if essential though.

Thanks for helping :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice