Solved: Java is CPU hunrgy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AvvY

I installed the latest Java RE5 update 4, because i need it to run Azureus - I am downloading linux distros with torrents from http://www.tlm-project.org/ so i do not think this is in breach of the forum rules re: p2p clients and such.

My problem is, that with both update 3 and 4 I have noticed that when I run azureus or any other java aplet (in a browser for example), my cpu usage maxes out and freezes my system, and i have to end process.

I am running winxp pro sp2. I dont remember it being this bad with update 2 or update 3 when i first installed it. i am aware java likes to eat memory, but that doesnt seem to be a problem, only around 66k of memory, but 97-99 cpu usage.

i have a 2ghz AMD64 3000+ with 1024MB ram, so i cant imagine that my specs would be problematic. is it a problem of running say update 2 again if i find it isnt so intensive? i run this deal on Ubuntu on the same system and havnt noticed such problems.

Any ideas?

Late,

AvvY

I was reading up on another forum that Nod32 anti-virus has a "known conflict with java". And I had changed my antivirus to nod32 recently from AVG7. So, i have reinstalled AVG and will monitor how java is effected.

Late,

AvvY

"if you have NOD32, you need to place javaw.exe in the exclusions list of IMON."

So this applies then to all Java aplets I spoze. This is rather annoying.

I will be sticking with AVG7 anyway.

Late,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online