Solved: Java jre not suported or enable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdbic

I have this-
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953516 MB, Free - 675300 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

My question is.How do I enable or get it to enable? I have a camera that I need to get to it's web based setup. I type in the ip address and I get
This browser doesn't support or disable Java JRE . Get the latest Java JRE here or enable Java JRE.
message. I tried the link but can't seem to find it.

jdbic

Ok, I went to Java downloaded the newest version for windows 8.1. So I think the camera might need an older version as you said. How do I find out which version I need? Will the older version have affect on the new one? The camera is a Trendnet TV-IP512wn.

jdbic

I tried the links, but I can't find where it tells me what version of java jre to use.

plodr

Liz
It is the browser that is complaining.
This browser doesn't support
I don't think you will get an old version of Java to run on any browser in Windows 8.1.

jdbic

The camera came with a disk with software called ipview pro. I can use it to configure the camera and other stuff , like recording. I used to use with an xp pro machine. In the view screen of ip view pro there is a wheel on the side that is like a joy stick which you would use for panning and zoom in/out. But it doesn't work on the 8.1 machine. I pretty sure the this part of config is in the web based part. I can see video with ipview pro but not internet explorer or chrome.

Triple6

Rob
You may want to update the firmware and see if it works after that.

Also try the latest version of the Trendnet View Pro software that claims to be Windows 8 compatible, maybe it'll have all the functions you need.

jdbic

Thank you all, I downloaded the latest version of the Trendnet View Pro software and that did the trick. I didn't even think about that. Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online