1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java not working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Braskez, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

I wanted to start learning how to program in java.. so after i set up the path, downloaded jdk, ect. I set up my first program to write and when I tried to compile it I got this error message
    [​IMG]
    I also run a server on a game called Minecraft.. but when i went to recreate the server after i installed it i got this.. It is also run with java..
    [​IMG]
    I tried reinstalling java and jdk.. got a new service pack for windows7. It was working fine, i closed the server, reopened it and got that error message.. If any additional information is needed ill be happy to answer questions.

2. sepala

sepala

Hi, You have posted this in the wrong section and thats why you didn't get any replies...

The answer is so simple.. What you have written is :System.out.printIn("Hello World");

It should be System.out.println("Hello World");

3. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

awh geez... Sorry about wasting your time, that was kinda dumb of me.. As for the minecraft question I should put that in the games section?

4. sepala

sepala

You didn't waste my time, I am glad to help you :)...

Before you post minecraft question in the gaming area, just check whether your code is working. If it is working, then that means no error with the JDK installation.

5. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

Ugh.. I just tried to open Eclipse and i got this
    [​IMG]
    Im guessing the files are corrupt or something, not really sure

Btw- the hello world program did work after I fixed the code so i dont thinks its the jdk but actually the jre

6. sepala

sepala

Of course that is JRE..

Give me details about what you did when installing the JDK, setting the path etc.. Just tell in summary

7. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

8. sepala

sepala

9. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

Isn't 7 still in beta? Won't that be buggy.. Idk if thats true but i heard that somewhere.

10. sepala

sepala

11. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

so should I uninstall what i previously downloaded? not sure how to go about doing that D:

12. sepala

sepala

errrr....It is up to you. If you are uninstalling, make sure to remove the CLASSPATH too. You can uninstall that from add/remove programs. If I were you, Yes, I will uninstall and reinstall the CORRECT version. :)

13. Braskez

Braskez Thread Starter

all i see in add/remove programs is java 6 update 29 which i believe is just the default java i downloaded off java.com.. as for the classpath do you mean the C:\glassfish3\jdk\bin Path i made? sorry bout being dumb with all this stuff im new to java..

Scratch that.. I figured it out, thanks for all your help.. Time to learn some Java!

14. sepala

sepala

Check for "GlasFish" in add remove programs.

For the classpath question, yes, that is what I am talking about.

I am glad to help you. Anyway, make sure not to install incorrect versions from here onwards.. It will make unbelievable errors!!

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice