1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: java plugin 10.21.2

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rambkowalczyk, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rambkowalczyk

rambkowalczyk Thread Starter

I had wanted to play Alchemy (at MSN games). I got a message that said my java was unstable and I should update. So I did. Then I got directed to the Java Websites where it asked me to Verify my Java Version (like it couldn't do this when it installed?) So I did.

Then got the message that Java plug in 10.21.2 is not installed properly. What was really annoying was I couldn't get rid of this message except by using the End task function. So, how does one install this properly? You would think Java would be a little more helpful in this matter.

If I try to ignore this and play the Alchemy game anyway, I then get the message "Java plug-in detected a JRE collision" Way so helpful. (hope you are detecting my sarcasm here).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-3600 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5626 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6530D, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 451163 MB, Free - 387357 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO,
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Go to Programs & Features in the Control Panel and uninstall ALL JAVA versions. Then install the latest version from the Java website: http://www.java.com/en/download/

3. rambkowalczyk

When I hit the uninstall button I get the obligartory message "Are you sure you want to uninstall Java 7 update 21. (It appears to be the only Java program on the computer unless it has a different name). I hit yes.

Then I get the message Do you want to allow the following program to update software on this computer? So I click no because I'm trying to delete the d* thing. then nothing more happens.

I tried clicking yes. But then Java is telling me to close browsers which seem presumptuous, so I figured I check first.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

You need to close all browsers before uninstalling it and you do need to click Yes to allow it to make changes/uninstall itself.

5. rambkowalczyk

Closed browsers. clicked yes. and Java is still in my control panel.

6. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

7. rambkowalczyk

problem is fixed. There were 2 java programs on the control panel and I was able to delete the one from Sun systems. The one I had tried to delete and couldn't was the most recent version.

8. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Rambkowalczyk,

Glad your up and running:) If you would, please click on the Solved icon at top of page.

9. sakurachan

sakurachan

Sorry but i can't see the solved icon, could you tell me where exactly?

10. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Should be an Icon at the top or bottom of the page when you get into the thread.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097035